Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bud #9: Collaboration Tools

Does anyone have to own a home computer any longer?
Seriously, if I can store my writing and photos on
someone else's server, do I need a hard drive?

I'm currently serving on a committee struggling
to write a mission and vision statement. We're going
to give ZoHo writer a whirl. For some reason, it
wouldn't let me log on at first. I think I'll give
Google document a try as Google is always so
user friendly.

My first encounter with online collaboration was a Google Group designed for a teaching trip to China. It was a wonderful way for the group to gather resources,
hold discussions and learn about one another. The best part was recognizing these
total strangers half way around the world from the photos they had posted. That was
three years ago and we continue to post updated photos and news.

No comments: